New update Vietnam visa in San Francisco, United States
Useful information about Vietnam visa in San Francisco 2018: visa requirements, Embassy address
You are confused about how to get a Vietnam visa in San Francisco 2018? No problem. After reading this post, you will find it’s a piece of cake.
Best time to apply for the visa Vietnam
As soon as possible. Don’t wait until last minute to file application unless you are willing to pay large amount of money for express service. Your visa is not valid from the date of application but from intended date of travel in application. And you are;allowed to enter/exit Vietnam anytime you want while the visa is valid.
The important thing to note is that the short visas are no long available for US citizens since 31stAugust, 2016. Whether you will be staying in Vietnam for days or months, you will be granted 1 year multiple entry tourist or business visa.
Basically, the tourist visa is good for both holidays and business purposes but you are limited to a maximum of 90 days for each visit. For business visa, there is no restriction on numbers of day for each entry.
You are;allowed to remain in Vietnam as long as you want. The extension is not available for long-term visa. After your visa gets expired, please leave Vietnam and apply for new visa to return.
View more about Vietnam visa in New York, United States
Vietnam remains 3 consulates in the United States and one of them is located in San Francisco. Thereby, you can easily get the visa before arrival at the consulate (1) or on arrival at airport(2).
1. Obtain visa at Vietnam consulate
Consulate General of Vietnam in San Francisco allows in-person and postal application but you are encouraged to apply by post to avoid long queue at the consular office. A complete application includes the following papers:
• Application form: you have to visit the consulate’s website and fill out the form online. You can download PDF file to computer and fill out later but it’s not recommended unless you cannot complete it online for some reasons.
• Original passport: the passport should;have at least 01 month of validity from the date you exit Vietnam. If you order a loose-leaf visa, the passport copy is required instead.
• Passport-sized photos: 01 photo if you want the traditional visa and 02 photos if you would like loose-leaf visa
• Prepaid return envelope: the envelope must be included if you request the passport and visa to be returned by post. One envelope can be used for several applications. For safety of documents, the Vietnam consulate general in San Francisco recommend using UPS or Fedex and keeping tracking number.
• Visa fee: can be paid by cash (if you apply in person)or in form of money order, cashier’s check or certified check (if you send the application by post)
Processing time for normal visa is 3 business days and for urgent visa is 24 business hours (extra fee is required for rush service).
Make sure you check for error on the visa once you obtained it. If anything is wrong, notify the consulate instantly for correction.
Embassy of Vietnam in San Francisco, United States
Address: 1700 California St, Suite 580 San Francisco, CA 94109
Phone: (1415) 922 1577
Fax: (1415) 922 1848
2. Obtain visa on arrival
Are you thinking that you just need arrive in Vietnam’s airports and pick up the visa there? Yes. That’s true. But it’s not the entire story. Before you are granted a visa stamp on arrival, you must obtain approval from Vietnamese immigration department first. The airlines will not let you board the plane if you cannot show letter of approval.
The good news is the approval can be easily obtained online via travel agents (and we are one of those). If you are interested to apply online for the letter through our site. Shortly after the application was paid, you will receive an email confirming approval delivery date.
Normally, it takes less than 48 business hours for normal service and 1-24 business hours for express service. To make sure no problem will happen at the airport, you should double check the letter and report the error (if any) to us immediately.
Refer to page Vietnam business visa if you care about procedure and price for business visa.
Upon arrival, you should approach the Visa On Arrival window and present the print copy of letter, original passport, 01 passport photo, and 01 entry-exit form. Depending on the length of queue, stamping process may take 15-20 minutes.
Once the visa is ready to use, the officer will call your name and request you to pay $135 stamping fee. You do what he said and get the passport back. Please be aware of that the stamping fee must be paid cash. Either US. Dollars or Vietnam dong is accepted.
Have a question about getting Vietnam visa in San Francisco 2018? Please feel free to contact us for instant support.
More information about processing time for Vietnam Visa on Arrival and Vietnam visa fee 2018.
Thai Duong Visa is a tourism company in Thai Duong Tourism. The main field is the extension of Vietnamese visas for foreigners and the entry of Vietnamese citizens to difficult nationalities.
In addition, Thai Duong Visa specializes in the following services:
– Visa for travel, visiting relatives, work.
– Vietnam visa in San Francisco.
– Doing the judicial record of Vietnam for foreigners.
– Express Vietnam visa on arrival service.
– Make a temporary residence card for outsiders.
– Make the entry letter of Vietnam (1 – 3 – 5 – 7 days).
– Extension of Vietnamese visa (1 – 3 days).
– Visa at Moc Bai international border gate. (Included instructions).
– Free consultation service visa.
Address: 268 Cong Hoa, Ward 13, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh.
Call: 1900 9227 | Hotline: 091.594.6427 – Mr. Sang (Call, Zalo, Viber, Whatsapp)
Website: xingiahanvisa.net (Vietnam) | visathaiduong.com (English)